5.130 Professional Growth and Development
Subject: Professional Growth and Development
Date Adopted: January 1, 1991
Faculty members are required to continue professional growth, and may satisfy this requirement by participating in any of the following professional development activities:
1. By completing eight-semester hours of college work for each six years at the College.
2. By actively participating in a professional higher education organization.
3. By actively participating in the institution's in-service faculty development programs.
4. By participating in the College's community service programs.
5. By conducting approved research.
6. By other work experience, approved by the Vice President for Instruction or Vice President for Technical Education.
The Vice President for Instruction and the Vice President for Technical Education are responsible for supervision of this requirement and determining that the necessary professional growth and development requirements are being met within specified time periods.