Want to know more about a career in Pharmacy Tech?
For more information on Our New Pharmacy Tech Program please call 501. 760.4223
Admission to the Pharmacy Technology Program is selective. Contact NPC Workforce Training at 50.760.4223.
Why Choose Pharmacy Technology as your Career?
What is a Pharmacy Technician?
- works with pharmacist to prepare and dispense medications
- assists with patient-centered care and monitoring services
- assist with inventory management
- prepares special medications through compounding or IV mixtures
- completes billing and insurance information on a computer
- upholds the ethical and legal responsibilities necessary to work with drugs
- works in a variety of settings including retail pharmacies, hospitals, mail order, and long term care
Additional information is avaialbe at the followign Federal and State Department of Labor Websites:
Federal projections and AR Department of Labor