Banner Alt Text

Financial Aid

Cost Of Attendance

Consumer Information Disclosures

Deadlines & Next Steps

Federal Student Loans

Financial Aid Forms

Financial Aid Programs

Frequently Asked Questions

NPC Foundation

NPC Payment Plan

Returned Check & Refund Policy

Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy


Title IV Code of Conduct

Tuition & Fees

Veteran Services Center

Work Study Program

Financial Aid Staff


Policy and Procedure Handbook

Have a Question?
Ask one of our Financial Aid Advisors

Live Chat Available Soon


Net Price Calculator

Like Us on Like Us on Facebook 

Contact Us!

Phone:  501-760-4159

Fax: 501-760-4354

Office Hours

Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Contact us for extended hours availability

NPC School Code

National Park College

School Code:  012105




Veteran Services Center

Service members, veterans and their dependents can use their military
benefits and educational assistance programs at National Park College
to pay for their educational expenses!


Are You a Veteran in Need or Concerned About One?

Veterans Crisis Line

(Call 1-800-273-8255)     (Press 1)

 Confidential Chat at

Or text to 838255


Veteran Services Center Staff/Contact Info 

How To Apply For VA Benefits

VA Benefits By Chapter

Services For Vets


  NPC Veteran Services Center Staff


VA Staff


                   Nathan Looper                                                                        Misty L. Pennington

                   VA Coordinator                                                                       VA Administrative Assistant

                   (501) 760-4151                                                                         (501) 760-4123




Education benefit questions ⇒ 1-888-442-4551 or Email VA (must set up username and password)

Monthly verification ⇒ 1-877-823-2378 or log on to WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment)

Manage All VA Benefits on your eBenefits Account

Direct deposit questions/setup ⇒ 1-877-838-2778 or log on to eBenefits

Owe money to the VA? Call 1-800-827-0648 or email Debt Management Center

Other VA Benefits



Helpful Links For VA Benefits


VA Benefits Summary

        VA Benefits Fact Sheets

         VA Education Benefit Comparison Tool




How To Apply For VA Benefits

Service members, veterans and their dependents seeking to use their VA benefits at National Park College should complete all the necessary paperwork for admission and financial aid, but should contact the VA representative in the Financial Aid Office (VA Coordinator, Nathan Looper,, 501-760-4151 or VA Administrative Assistant, Misty Pennington, , 501-760-4123) prior to enrolling in classes. Individuals using Veterans Administration benefits are required to follow their chosen degree plan. They should also be aware that dropping a class during a semester will affect their benefits and should discuss this situation with the VA representative prior to dropping a class. In most instances, if courses completed with a passing grade (D or better) are taken again, they will not qualify for benefits.

Please meet with the Registrar about converting military training into college credit hours.

There are a variety of Veterans Administration (VA) programs established to assist military personnel and veterans with acquiring an education. All military personnel and veterans may be eligible for VA benefits. It is important, therefore, that military personnel and veterans become familiar with VA programs and their eligibility requirements so that they can take advantage of educational programs available to them.

Students must contact the appropriate VA office to establish eligibility to receive VA benefits. National Park College will certify your enrollment. This enrollment must be in a "VA Approved" program to receive VA benefits. Therefore, students should follow these steps to receive VA benefits:


                                          Unsure of eligibility?                                          


Call the VA at 1-888-442-4551 


Complete the Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP)


1. Certificate of Eligibility (VA sends this after VONAPP is submitted)
2. Notice of Basic Eligibility (current service members)
3. Ch 31 recipients - Form 28-1905


 Students should contact the VA representative in the Financial Aid Office once the application for benefits and registration for the college is completed. The Veterans Services Office will then issue a Verification of Enrollment (VA Form 22-1999) via VA ONCE to inform the VA that the student is enrolled at NPC and is requesting benefits payments.


VA Students Repeating Courses 

Courses that are failed or for which the grade does not meet minimum requirements for graduation may be certified for VA purposes if they are repeated.

Courses that are successfully completed may not be certified for VA purposes if they are repeated. If a program requires a higher grade than achieved, that course may be repeated. For example, if Nursing requires a “B” or better in Biology, then that course may be repeated if a “B” was not earned.

Many schools have a “forgiveness” policy that allows students to repeat a failed or unacceptable course. If the student receives a passing grade, the original grade is “forgiven” and becomes a non-punitive grade. This non-punitive grade does not have to be reported to VA.

Example: A student takes an English course twice and receives “F” and “C”. The “F” is forgiven and becomes non-punitive. This non-punitive grade does not have to be reported to VA.

However, if one of the following situations occurs the non-punitive grade must be reported to VA:


Example: A student takes a math course three times and receives F, F, and C grades. The first F was punitive and not reported; the second F was non-punitive (first bullet) and reported to VA. If the C converts the first F to a non-punitive grade that non-punitive grade doesn’t have to be reported.



VA Benefits By Chapter

Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill

Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty 

Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) 

Chapter 32 - Veteran Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) 

Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserves (MGIB - SR) 

Chapter 1607 - Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)

Arkansas Army National Guard Education and Incentives (TA, GTIP, GIBILL, Military Scholarships) 




Services For Vets

The NPC Veteran's Center is proud to offer our veterans the following services!


VA Center


 VA Center