Student Government Association
2012-2013 SGA Officer Team:
SGA President, Richard L. Walden
SGA Vice President, Matthew Chaput
SGA Secretary, Marci Fortanelli
SGA Treasurer, Justin Kim (Not Pictured)
SGA At-Large Representative, Joseph Carver
SGA At-Large Representative, Sandra Rogers
The NPCC Student Government Association, sponsored by the NPCC Foundation, was created to represent, lead and unify the student body; to decide and act responsibly for the students' interests; and to work with the Faculty and Administration of National Park Community College in the pursuit of our mutual interests.
The primary purpose of the SGA is to:
- Promote the views of the student body of NPCC through participation in shared governance.
- Promote the student activities of the student body.Oversee NPCC student clubs and organizations.
- Facilitate student elections.
- Participate in and support charitable activities to support the students and the community.
- Make recommendations to appropriate deciding bodies on any matter relating to the general welfare of the student body.
- Establish committees, assign the responsibilities and appoint their membership.
- Inform students on citizenship issues.